The Choreographers’ Showcase is a rare opportunity for high school dancers to learn and perform with critically acclaimed choreographers. The performance brings world-renowned choreographers, and their original works, to the Learning Corridor’s Theater of the Performing Arts, in Hartford.
This year, the Academy welcomes the following featured choreographers:
- Authorized stager Andrea Weber for the Merce Cunningham Trust
- New York-based Brandon Cournay staging a piece by Larry Keigwin for Keigwin + Company
- Derek Brockington of the Dance Theatre of Harlem
- Movement and text based artist Lauren Horn
- And Connecticut’s own Judy Dworin of Hartford’s Justice Dance Performance Project