Choreographers’ Showcase 2023
Celebrate the 20th anniversary of CREC Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Half Day Program’s Choreographers’ Showcase where students will perform the work of professional choreographers based in New York, California, and Connecticut.
Choreographers’ Showcase is a rare opportunity for high school dancers to learn and perform with critically acclaimed choreographers. The performance brings world-renowned choreographers, and their original works, to the Learning Corridor’s Theater of the Performing Arts, in Hartford.
This year, the Academy welcomes the following featured artists:
- Choreographer Mark Morris, as staged by Billy Smith
- New York-based Tendayi Kuumba, a Dance Magazine Top 25 to watch
- New York-based Syren Modern Dance directed by Lynn Peterson & Kate Sutter
- Director, Choreographer and Circus Artist Tandy Beal, with staging by Peter Kyle
- Dancer and Mime, Lotte Goslar, with staging from Jeanne Giroir, Thomas Giroir & John Simone