The Isham-Terry House is a time capsule of genteel life in turn-of-the century Hartford. Purchased by their elder brother, Dr. Oliver Isham in 1896, Julia and Charlotte Isham occupied the house until their deaths, each at age 98, in the late 1970’s. The survival of this house defies the urban renewal craze that demolished so many historic homes. There were so few changes to the house that crossing its threshold today is like stepping back in time. Room after room is filled with objects of historical and family significance: ornate gas-light fixtures, stained-glass windows, rare books and paintings, Terry clocks, and memorabilia from Hartford High School, the Ishams’ beloved alma mater. Even Dr. Isham’s office, with its surgical instruments and medicines, was left undisturbed. There is also a rare collection of early Connecticut automobile memorabilia.