America’s oldest public rose garden celebrates its 115th anniversary Saturday, June 15 and Sunday, June 16 with a wide range of free educational and family-friendly activities during Rose Weekend.
The annual event showcases Elizabeth Park’s stunning gardens at the peak of their seasonal beauty, featuring thousands of rose bushes and arches in bloom.
• Painters in the Park
• Poetry in the Park
Community, Cultural, Garden, & Arts Organizations
• USJ School of Pharmacy Medicine Garden Tour
• Connecticut Iris Society Rhizomes Sale
• Scavenger Hunt for the Whole Family
• Pond House Cafe Food Court
• Connecticut Rose Society’s 38th Annual Rose Show at the Pond House
—ON BOTH DAYS—
• The Bonsai Society Annual Show, Demo and Sale
• Free Rose Garden Tours by Rosarian Stephen Scanniello
EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Fore a more detailed description of the Rose Weekend schedule, visit elizabethparkct.org/event/rose-weekend-2019.